Hope after Harm’s Family Matters team provides one-to-one, confidential and impartial support for families and friends who are affected when someone is under investigation, arrested or sentenced for an offence.
Please remember, you are not alone: Family Matters has experience of supporting people who find themselves in your situation.
Our support includes:
- Emotional Support – providing a listening ear and a caring presence to help you cope with your emotions.
- Practical Advice – guidance on navigating legal processes, social services and understanding your rights.
- Confidential Support – assistance with dealing with your relationships, friendships and navigating the criminal justice system.
- Signposting – help with finding and accessing local support such as housing, benefits or counselling.
- Understanding and Compassion – we understand the unique challenges faced by families and friends during police investigations.
If you would like more information, please telephone 01844 487985 or email email@example.com or download our Family Matters Leaflet.
We welcome self-referrals. Please ring or email us on the above contact details.
If you are an agency referring on behalf of someone else you must have their permission before making the referral. Please send the referral via secure email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently delivering this innovative service in the Thames Valley, West Yorkshire and West Mercia areas, working with criminal justice agencies and others. We are working towards offering this service across the England and Wales.